How Does Email Marketing Work?
In a simplistic world the email marketing process looks like this:
1. Build your email list of loyal customers or individuals who have, at some point, expressed interest in your business.
2. Create email marketing campaign to go to this list of customers – ensure there is a call to action (get them to engage).
3. Track click throughs and conversion.
4. Use data collected to learn about each of your customers.
5. Using this data, segment your lists to make messaging more relevant for next campaign.
6. Now you may be able to run multiple campaigns based on pools of different customer profiles.
7. Send targeted email campaign.
8. Learn more.
Top 6 perks of email marketing:
1. The exact ROI can be tracked
2. Email marketing is still one of the cheapest methods of marketing
3. You learn from each campaign – meaning the more campaigns you run, the better your results and the better your customers experience.
4. Email marketing can be used to test the market. You can do batches to see how your audience respond. This could help you identify whether to create new products or offerings, without having to build a new product first.
5. You can reach high numbers of engaged individuals.
6. While it may seem that social dominates the world, there are still more people on the planet with an email address then there are those with a social media account.
If you do not already have an email list. Never fear, Upside.Digital can help you to build your list from the ground up and transform it into a marketing channel that delivers solid ROI. For anyone else, whether your email list is small or large, you can always benefit from a check up to make sure it is in top shape and delivering the best results possible for your business. Upside.Digital can help.